Sunday, June 10, 2012

COA Novel final response

          After finishing the COA novel The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian By Sherman Alexie, I can now see that growing up is hard. Kids go through many hardships such as depression, parental divorce, and death. In my COA book Junior goes through many hardships.
           When Arnold "Junior" Spirit Left his school on the rez to go to the all white school in Rearden his "tribe" wasn't happy. They shunned him when he came home from his school which was 22 miles away from home. The only ones who accepted him were his family. This put Junior through a lot of depression. The only thing he looked forward to was his semi girlfriend Penelope. It didn't help the poblem when his grandmother died from a drunk driver. Death and depression are problems lots of teenagers have gone through. There isn't a specific way to deal with them other than to just not worry about it.
          I don't usually think about the concept of COA to mch but as I do I realize that I don't really have too many problems. My parents are divorced but I don't mind it, and I'm not depressed. The thing that gets to me is death. When anybody close to me dies it just sucks. I don't cry about it but the fact that I'll no longer see that person again bugs me. Junior doesn't get a break from death either, but I guess it's only the fact that everyone dies and we'll all jus gonna have to learn how to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment